Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pattern Creation





                           


A while back I found this leaf with the craziest, coolest pattern on it. Actually, I think the pattern here is actually a fungus or disease on the leaf, but this is why I like it so much. I've been mucking around a bit, stylising the lines and creating my own drawings from it. I think that maybe this would look pretty neat as a graphic repeat on fabric, as a rug design, or batiked onto a sheer material for curtaining...

P.S. 'Scuse the really pixelated images at the bottom, don't know WHAT I did there...!?

3 comments:

Pixie said...

wow its amazing fungus leaf!. I love your drawings!, if you wish to sell any to a lil pixie let me know, id love to get one :)

Nikki said...

Aww thanks Pixie! I would love to sell you a wee drawing! My plan is once I am back in NZ towards the end of the year I will sort out my s**t and get some drawings ready to sell, so hold tight! hehe

Sarah Gauntlett said...

cool man this is great! I love finding random patterns in nature... i'm always without a camera at the time or if i take a photo it doesn't do it justice... but this is awesome!

Post a Comment