Thursday, February 18, 2010

Knit It: 2





I've finished my headband/hat; it's turned out so so.
I have decided that I made it a little wide, but at least it covers my ears, and my hair can come out the top, hooray!

I actually cheated a little, as I originally knitted a fair way before I realised that for some strange reason each row seemed to be getting more and more stitches to it. It took me a while to work out that because of the type of wool I was using, each row ended up with more and more stitches as the wool split. Instead of  a rectangular strip I ended up knitting more of a triangle, with one end starting out with 15 stitches cast, through to 40 at the other end. Woops! So I actually carefully un-ravelled the whole thing and started again, this time counting the stitches as I knitted each row.

I think I will be able to rock it, even though if you look too closely the stitches are a little all over the place, but for first attempts I'm stoked. Thankfully the bobbly wool was very forgiving to my troubles with the tension. I think it wasn't til I got near the end that I got the hang of the perfect tension, but hey, practice makes perfect!

1 comments:

FaerySarah said...

btw you can knit me one of these anytime

Post a Comment