Thursday, February 18, 2010

Full House Flashback





I have just come across re-runs of my all time favourite tv show Full House, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it!

I was practically raised on that show, and as I grew up those girls did too. It was often the highlight of my day. What ever happened to good, 'wholesome' tv shows that you could happily leave kids in front of and not have to worry what it was teaching them?

Those hairstyles and outfits from the earlier episodes are classic. Some stunning examples of 80's perms and quiffs and shoulder pads.

And a small confession? I remember watching this about the time our family got the internet, and I would spend ages alta-vista'ing (google wasn't around yet) pictures of Stephanie Tanner so I could copy her outfits. Eeek!

I'm such a nerd, I'm sitting down every night to watch it now... it's brilliant.

Photos from http://materialgirlsblog.com/dallas/2009/12/

4 comments:

Sarah Gauntlett said...

"have mercy!"

Nikki said...

"how rude!" hehe

Stephanie said...

So funny!! I watch it every now and then, it sure brings back memories!

Widge said...

I was just thinking of this show yesterday! My sisters and I grew up on it too. I was D.j my youngest sister was michelle and my two middle sisters had to "share" stephanie. we used to line up and brush each others hair like they did.
cool blog! just found you off Nadine's :)

Post a Comment