Thursday, October 29, 2009

How To Make Banana Bread...

... and not stuff it up!

I surpassed myself again last night with my baking (which usually goes horribly awry), by making a half decent banana loaf! Nom nom nom! So that you too can feel the elation I felt when I took this out of the oven, here is the very easy recipe. As I say, I am not an expert, but I think that it is the golden syrup in this recipe that leaves the outsides, top in particular, rather sticky, but this can be good as finger licking is always a joyous follow up activity to any bout of baking.

Banana Bread Recipe

Mix together 2 mashed bananas, 3/4 cup castor sugar and 2 tbpsn golden syrup. Add 1 egg, 1 cup of self raising flour and a pinch of salt. Put into a greased loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees celcius. Take out, cool for a wee while, then slice, spread with butter, eat. Ooh yea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment