Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Just Coloured Outside the Lines: Dinosaur Tootsies



Today I have coloured outside the lines in two respects.

Firstly, I manned up (woman-ed up?) and painted my toenails in my yellow nail polish. (Hearing sarcastic 'oohs and aahs' from the sidelines) ... Yes I know people, it's baby steps OK!?

I'm a bit on the fence with the outcome - in some lights it looks like I have dinosaur toenails, in others more like I've just removed layers and layers of old nail polish and not put any more on. Hah! ewww!
But outside it's not too bad, it's growing on me.

The other bold move I made today was actually putting photos of my hory feet on the internet for the world to see. There is nothing elegant about my feet, and trying to photograph my feet in a flattering way has proven pretty impossible this morning and confirmed what everyone tells me - that I have weird stubby toes, curled up pinkies and some bad jandal tan lines. There, I said what you were all thinking so now it's not uncomfortable haha!

I'm stepping out and heading off to work shortly, in my open toed sandals, ready to rock my dinosaur tootsies. But I think I'll draw the line at painting my fingernails too.

7 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

I just paited my toenails yellow too! Love them - do the hands... do the hands!!!

Sarah Gauntlett said...

yay!!!!;

Anonymous said...

Wow, the yellow is something new and different. I think your feet are terrific! Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

im a guy and i secretly like to paint my toenails.. i just painted mine yellow as well and i agree, at first its kinda EH then it grows on you :D

Anonymous said...

Nikki, I think your feet and toes are totally sexy. Seriously beautiful, touchable ;)

Anonymous said...

Nikki i think you have very pretty feet and toes.
Infact id go as far to say some of the best iv seen. Thank you for being brave enough to show them to us.xx

Anonymous said...

Very cute toes! yellow color is awesome! they're kinda hot...

Post a Comment