Sunday, April 11, 2010

Gluten, Lactose, Red Meat & Friends


                                           Image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/libellule/3335270068/


The past few weeks have been eye-opening for us on the food front. Our lovely hosts eat very little red meat, very few products containing gluten and only drink goat or soy milk.
So of course as we are living 'under their roof' as mum would say, we eat exactly what they eat. And our bodies are starting to thank us for it.

I won't go into too many details because... well you don't want to hear about the 'ins and outs' of things, but I have noticed all sorts of positive changes in my body. My skin is clearer then it's ever been, I no longer get that crampy, bloated feeling in my stomach that I would get now and then after eating carbs, I wake up with so much energy and positivity, and I'm even noticing stranger things like I don't have a constantly sore back any more.

OK OK so we haven't eliminated gluten and red meat and cows milk completely, it still sneaks in to our diets here and there during the week, but I am starting to realise that I can't put these great changes down to anything else except diet.

It will be interesting to see how it goes for the next month and a half while we are still on Salt Spring, and I would love to hear if any of you have found similar things have happened by removing or reducing these items from your diets too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment