Friday, November 27, 2009

Sad Shnoz

Some may say this is pushing the boundaries of sharing too much information on a blog, but I would really like to inforce a point here.
After getting a little too much sun on my shnoz over the weekend I quietly berated myself, but let myself off the hook as this was my first (and hopefully last) sunburn for the summer.
What I didn't realise, is that the red racing stripe I had blazoned on my face was a little worse then I first thought, and has now festered into a hideously painful, crusty, scabby cesspool.
I am now alternating between slathers of aloe vera, tea tree oil and antiseptic lotion, and in general feeling rather sorry for myself.
The last time I looked like this, I was four years old and went head first down the big vertical slide at Capital Discovery (now Capital E) in Wellington. I had a black scabby nose for weeks.
The memories have been re-dredged and I am living this horror all over again.
And I don't know why I bothered trying to kid myself, no amount of concealer could disguise this mess, it only settled in the crevices and emphasized the carnage further.
Please ladies (and lads), learn from my 'f' up, wear your blimmin sunscreen. Please. Just do it.

3 comments:

Sarah Gauntlett said...

oh man don't you hate that when concealer doesn't conceal? it just puts a big neon sign up saying "LOOK AT ME! I HAVE SOMETHING I WANT TO COVER UP BUT I CAN'T" hate that.

I put sunblock on for the first time 2 days ago (first time this summer i mean) and i felt very responsible! hope that heals quick!

Nikki said...

Oooh yes which is worse? Going 'Hey, look I'm trying to hide something here but it's not working' or going sans concealer and having people say, 'oohhh what happened to your nose?...' all the time!
thanks, I hope it heals quick too!!

newdimensions said...

Wall Decor Wallpapers
Wallpapers For Bedroom Wall

Post a Comment