Friday, March 27, 2009

Artisically Frustrated

My ideas & inspirations book - aka. the window to my soul!
Today I am feeling really artistically frustrated. This has been creeping up on me for a few months now, actually pretty much since I left NZ 4 months ago.
I am really down about the fact that I have all these wonderful ideas that I want to create and make and experiment with ( jewellery, artworks, sewing projects, prints, illustrations, clothes...) and they are building up in my ideas book (above), but at the moment I have no money or resources to produce them.
Putting a halt to buying lots of lovely crafting goodies is just an unfortunate sacrifice I've had to make since moving here, because not only is money tight, we are only here temporarily so I can't justify hoarding a whole lot of 'stuff'.
I miss my sewing machine and craft boxes so much it hurts, I don't know what to do with myself, there's a whole part of me missing at the moment and I'm not sure how long I can go on like this!
Starting up a creative venture is such a chicken and egg situation - I need to make the goodies to sell and to be able to develop my ideas and products, but how do you get the money together to buy your materials etc to make these things in the first place!? (Short of crawling to the bank for a loan).
So yea, feeling a little lost today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment