Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Different Style

I've been mucking around with some different styles of drawing lately, sometimes I get so sick of drawing in a style where everything has to be 'perfect'. This, of course, matches my perfectionist traits to a 'T', but I'm trying to force myself to try things where the outcome isn't necessarily going to be as correct as a photograph, and to just be OK with seeing what happens!
Oh my goodness, it's hard to let go! But I'm getting there slowly, and I actually had fun drawing these faces - I want to do something else with them, take them a step further, but I'm not sure exactly how just yet. We'll see... I got some great technical tips from Catherine over at My Folk Lover so I'm going to keep practicing, keep working on it. Good things take time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment