Monday, March 23, 2009

Dr. Seuss Close Up

I recently stumbled across the most fantastic exhibition at the Linton & Kay Fine Art Gallery on King Street, Perth. It was a selection of paintings, sketches and hand-pulled lithographs by Dr. Seuss, including well known characters from his books as well as never before seen artworks from his own private collection.
Looking at the super illustrations in his books is one thing, but to see each image in it's own right, framed beautifully and standing alone as a fabulous example of graphic illustration was almost too much, I could hardly contain my excitement! The colours were so fresh and bright, every tiny brush and pen stroke was defined and clear. I must admit I had a small twinge of disappointment that I couldn't afford to spend $3000 for a stunning signed piece of his work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment