Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Book I'm Lovin' - MaryKate & Ashley Olsen 'Influence'

Ok so I can feel you cringing already as you read this heading, and I did too when I first saw this book, but once I started reading I must say I was totally surprised, it's a great read!
What you don't realise from looking at the cover is that it is filled with fantastic, insightful interviews by the twins of famous and not so famous designers in all genres - fashion, interiors, photography, artisitic, exhibitions and more. It is more about the people that inspire them, and only a small part about themselves. The bonus is that there are pages and pages of lovely glossy photos, sketches, drawings, candid letters and personal quotes.
It doesn't matter that the designers featured are generally the creme de la creme of the design world, the interviews give you insights into their often humble beginnings and stories of starting out in their fields, and I'm all for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment